- Step 1 – Find a doctor who is not reluctant to consult with you about medical use cannabis. Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority (OMMA) also posts a list of physicians who are familiar and comfortable with medical cannabis. This list is available on the OMMA website.
- Step 2 – See the doctor. At the appointment, bring a blank copy of the OMMA’s Physician Recommendation Form. This form is available on the OMMA website.
- Step 3 – Go to the OMMA website and submit your application online. You will need to enter:
- Your full name
- Proof of identity
- Address, and proof of residency
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Email address
- Physician contact information
You will need the following documentation:
- Proof of Oklahoma residency—such as digital, color copy of the following – Oklahoma drivers license, identification card, voter identification card, utility bill for one calendar month preceding the date of application, a residential property deed to property in the state of Oklahoma, or a current rental agreement for residential property located in the state of Oklahoma
- Proof of Identity—such as digital, color copy of the following – Oklahoma drivers license, identification card, passport issued by United States Government, tribal identification card approved for identification purposes
Lastly, you will need:
- A clear, color, full face digital photograph of yourself
- The completed Adult Patient Physician Form – dated within 30 days of the application
- Step 4 – Pay the fee of $100.00 (if you have proof of Medicaid or Medicare, Oklahoma reduces the fee to $20.00
- Step 5- Wait to see if you are qualified – If so, your card will be mailed to you within 14 days – the card is valid for 2 years unless revoked by OMMA for unauthorized use
- Step 6 – Visit a dispensary – Your OMMA medical marijuana card will allow you access to any licensed dispensary within the state of Oklahoma.